Saturday, August 17, 2013

Rainy Day Fail.


Today, it rained. And today, I was very unprepared on it. My wonderful roommate McKay came with a (broken) umbrella to rescue me. When I left my dorm this afternoon, clouds were gray and the sky was dark. Hello basically guaranteed signs of rain. Did I act responsibly and dress accordingly? Of course not. I threw on a cotton sweater and some flats and headed out the door! FAIL. So on the walk back to the dorm, as I was freezing and drenched, I was inspired to create this post... on what to wear on rainy days!

Most importantly....boots! This outfit would be good for a sprinkling kind of rain day. Where it's a bit cold outside and a bit windy, but not raining terribly hard.

Protect yoself from the rain with a cute rain blouse like this one. Yes, they make those now. Cute, huh? Invest in a pair of fun patterned rain boots to make your outfit cool enough to match the temperature!

The material of the military would be great for a rainy day-layer it over a cool graphic sweater for a sweet vibe. Don't forget an umbrella!

XOXO, Alena

2 comments:

  1. Alena! This blog is amazing! You have put together the cutest outfits:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and can you do a post about ten staple items for your wardrobe? I'm doing some shopping soon and I need help in finding items worth the purchase.

    ReplyDelete